Lamb Roast with Rosemary and Thyme
Beautifully cooked roast lamb with aromatic herbs will transform Sunday lunch into a delicious occasion. The scent of rosemary and thyme will invite family and guests to gather around the table and enjoy a hearty and comforting meal.
Ingredients (serves: 4-6)
2 kg lamb roast without bone, 1 tbsp olive oil, Sea salt, Cracked black pepper, 10 single garlic cloves (unpeeled), 2 tbsp French mustard, 6 sprigs rosemary, 6 sprigs thyme, 1 cup chicken stock, 4 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter
1. Place 2 tablespoons of sugar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add lamb and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Secure lamb roast with kitchen strings. Place lamb, skin-side up, on a large oven dish. Add garlic, rosemary and thyme sprigs, marinade and stock.
3. Sprinkle lamb with the remaining sugar. Cook the roast with low steam setting in 180°C (350°F) until the inner temperature is 54-60°C (130-140°F), approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes.
4. When the roast is done, pour the remaining juices in a saucepan and add 1 cup red wine. Season with salt and black pepper. Let sauce simmer for 10 min. Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon butter and some olive oil in a frying pan, and sear the roast on high heat until exterior is golden colored all over.
5. Thinly slice meat and serve with wine sauce.