- White coating appears on washing machine's drum
- washing machine
1. White coating on the drum in your washing machine may be limescale or soap powder residue.
- This is normal and is not a malfunction of the machine.
- The coating can be removed by using a descaling agent for washing machines.
- In order to completely clean your machine, it may be needed to carry out descaling several times.
- We recommend descaling regularly with an Electrolux descaler, which is available in our Webshop.
Tip: It is always a good idea to descale your washing machine in order to improve performance and to protect the washing machine.
2. When the machine is descaled and clean, you can prevent returns of any coating on the drum by doing the following:
- Be careful with the amount of detergent – follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Use detergent from another manufacturer.
- Use liquid detergent.
- Descale the machine regularly.
Was this article helpful?