Washing machine emits buzzing sound during washing
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
There are a few reasons you may hear a buzzing noise when the washing machine is on and in a cycle. The below reasons are all normal and nothing to worry about, how ever we are also aware the buzzing noise may be due to other factors.
- Many washing machines make this type of noise, which originates from the motor.
- The motor has moving internal parts which produce this noise when they come into contact.
- The noise stops when the motor stops turning the drum.
- The new motor is noisier at the beginning of operation due to the rubbing of the brushes. After several cycles, the noise decreases.
If the problem persists, it may be that the transit bolts that secure the machine in place upon delivery, were not removed when the machine was fitted. Transit bolts is the most common reason why the washing machine might over shake, rattle and emit an unwanted buzzing noise. If you follow the below link and instructions only to find its nothing to do with the transit bolts it is likely there is a small fault. In order to properly diagnose the problem we recommend calling one of our service engineers to investigate.
CLICK HERE FOR : How To Remove Transit Bolts