- Detergent remains in the drawer
- Softener remains in the drawer
- No smell of the softener on the laundry
- Leakage from the detergent drawer's front
- Mould in the detergent drawer
- Water remains in the softener compartment
- AEG & Electrolux Front loader washing machine
- AEG & Electrolux Washer dryer
There is a few reasons why the detergent and or softener may not be dispensed properly into the drum. The majority of which come down to regular care and cleaning. This however does not apply to a new never been used appliance – If this is you, then please contact the retail outlet you purchased it as there may be a be a fault or installation problem. If your appliance has been used and was working great up until recently, here are a few things that might help.
• Clean the detergent drawer regularly to prevent building up detergent residues.
• Open the dispenser drawer slightly after every wash so it can dry out between washes.
• Make sure that the drain hose has no kinks or bends.
• Make sure that the connection of the drain hose is correct.
• If above mentioned solutions do not help, contact the Authorized
Service Centre (as the filter of the drain pump may be clogged).
GUIDE FOR CLEANING - We appreciate the below diagrams do not show every possible variation of the drawers in our range, however the principles on how to remove the drawer and compartments remain the same. For a more specific guide on your exact model please refer to the user manual. *TOP TIP - The cleaning guides are right towards the end of the manual.
1. Remove the detergent dispenser drawer by pulling it firmly.
Some models require pressing the catch downwards as indicated in the picture to pull the drawer out:
2. Remove the top part of the additive compartment to aid cleaning and flush it out under running warm water, to remove any traces of accumulated detergent.
After cleaning, put the top part back into position.
3. Make sure that all detergent residue is removed from the upper and lower part of the recess.
Use a small brush to clean the recess.
4. Insert the detergent drawer into the guide rails and push it in.
Run the rinsing programme without any clothes in the drum.
5. Clean the detergent drawer regularly to prevent building in detergent residues.
6. Always follow the instructions that you find on packaging of the detergents or other treatments without exceeding the indicated maximum level.
7. Use regularly recommended specialized detergents available from our Webshop.