- Washing machine displays error message E20, E21 or C2, emits 2 beeps or 2 flashes.
- Washing machine does not drain
- The drum does not turn
- The appliance makes an unusual noise because of the blockage of the drain pump
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
- Washer dryer
1. Ensure the drain hose is in the correct position
The drain hose should extend no more than 10 cm down into the drain.
Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance. Download user manual.
2. Ensure correct drain height.
The height of the drain must be no more than 100 cm and no less than 60 cm above the base of the machine or as shown in the user manual.
Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance.
3. Clean the pump and filter.
Clean the pump and fluff filter, including the pump blade (if the pump blade is visible, rotate it with a pencil and refit the filter). Then start a hot wash without adding any soap powder to clean out the drainage system.
For detailed procedure refer to the user manual supplied with your appliance.
4. Check for a blocked drain.
Check the hose connected to the sink trap, and check if the sink is draining normally to rule out the blockage.
Check whether the drains are draining satisfactorily. Try a wash with the drain hose in a bowl or sink.
if the washing machine is working correctly after the test wash, it may indicate that the siphon/outlet is clogged - make sure the siphon/outlet is clear
5. If the drain hose has been extended as shown in the above installation diagram, check the place where the hoses are connected (due to the reduced flow diameter, it is more likely to be blocked)
6. Check the drainage hose for possible kink or twist.
Kink or twist in the drain hose may prevent the water from flowing through the hose. You can check it behind the machine.
7. Use less soap powder.
When a lot of soap powder is used or a lot of foam is produced, the level system can get blocked by foam.
You can fix this by switching off the machine and shaking the drum forwards and backwards several times. Clean the drain pump/filter and then run a hot wash without any soap powder.
8. Switch off the power to the washing machine.
The problem may be solved by switching off the power to the washing machine for about 1-2 hours and then starting a wash cycle again.
If the pump has been blocked, a bimetal fuse will switch off the pump. When the pump has cooled down, it should work normally.
9. Contact an Authorised Service Center.
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
Warning: We do not recommend using the appliance until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the appliance and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.
For further support see video below:
If this article was helpful, please let us know by selecting 'thumbs up'. Alternatively, if the article was not helpful, please if choosing the 'thumbs down' can you provide specific feedback as we monitor this closely to ensure we improve our articles continually.
- There is a problem with the draining of your appliance
- Drain pipe blocked up
- Blocked/dirty filter
- Drain pump defective