Recently installed washing machine does not start
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
1. Leave the washing machine to stand for a few hours to warm up and it should start to work.
- If the washing machine is brand new and has been left in cold temperatures (below 10–15 Celsius degrees), it may have difficulty in starting for the first time.
- Check the machine door is closed properly.
- Check the water supply to the machine is switched on.
2. If the machine is brand new and stops after a short time, there may be a vacuum or suction in the machine.
During transport, for example, the eco-ball in the bottom hose can jump up and then not drop back down into its position.
- To resolve this problem, switch the machine off, then remove the fluff filter and refit it.
- Add approx. 2 liters of water directly into the drum and close the door.
- Start your machine on a new wash cycle.
3. Contact an Authorised Service Center.
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
Was this article helpful?