Washing machine door does not open immediately after cycle has finished.
All front loading washing machines
Integrated washing machines
The washing machine will automatically lock the door when a programme is started to stop water leaking out and to prevent injury while the machines drum is in motion.
Allow the appliance 2-3 minutes for the lock to deactivate It is perfectly normal for it to take some time before it unlocks.
Check if the lock symbol is on. If it is try the following:
- Ensure the appliance is still switched on (display will be on) some locks require the appliance to be on to unlock.
- Check if there is water in the drum as you may have to drain the appliance Click here to see how to do this
- Isolate the washing machine from the power by unplugging or turning off the power to the product then wait for a few minutes and check if that solves the issue
Manually opening the washing machine door – This doesn't apply to every machine
- On some machines, the door can be opened in an emergency by pulling down on a bar using a screwdriver or similar object. If the machine has an emergency release, it is located next to the fluff filter.
If the lock symbol is off:
- Determine whether any of the handle’s parts show any visible signs of damage.
If they are damaged or if the door is still jammed or lock symbol still on, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.