- How to clean the washer-dryer?
1. Cleaning the washer-dryer:
Important: Switch off the appliance and unplug it before cleaning. Do not disconnect electrical or functional components without consulting Electrolux in the first place, as it may affect the warranty.
- It is recommended that you clean the appliance with soap and water only.
- Softeners in detergents affect the plastic, making it brittle and scratch it.
- See the user manual to check instructions for maintaining the appliance. Download user manual.
Carry out a service wash using a washing machine cleaner to avoid unpleasant smells and marks around the door.
- Turn off the appliance.
- Open the door to the fluff filter and place the drip tray underneath.
- Empty any water out of the machine by opening the drain hose next to the filter.
- Remove the filter by turning it anti-clockwise (several times firmly by hand).
- Clean the filter and pump housing under running water and refit the filter.
- Close the drain hose and put it back in its original place.
- Close the flap to the fluff filter.
The appliance is now ready to be used again. Check to see whether there are any leaks the first time you run a wash cycle.
Important: The above information is for guidance only. Please also refer to the full instructions in our article section about drain and filter checks.
2. Cleaning the detergent dispenser:
- It is recommended that you clean because mould and mildew can occasionally build up in it.
- Remove any spillage or residue in each compartment by rinsing it under hot running tap water.
- Remove the dispenser and use a suitable brush (Clean it with an old toothbrush) to remove any dirt and dried soap powder/liquid from each section.
3. Cleaning the washing machine’s seal:
It is recommended that you clean because the rubber seals on washing machines often develop dark or black mould spots.
- You can remove this mould using sodium carbonate crystals, thick bleach or dishwasher cleaner, which helps to dissolve any stubborn mould and soap powder residue.
- Be sure to wear rubber gloves and protective goggles during this cleaning operation.
4. Cleaning the washing machine externally:
It is recommended that you clean the washing machine with a cloth soaked in a mild universal detergent or washing-up liquid because washing machines are often manufactured from baked-on enamel.
- Carefully wipe down along the outside of the washing machine.
- You may find that fluff and splashes of washing powder have formed thick, greasy stains on the washing machine.
- A little warm water and cloth are usually enough to clean up the area.
- Try cleaning in corners and edges using a cotton bud.
- Warning: Do not use harsh abrasives!
5. cleaning the machines fluff filter inside the machine
- The fluff filter should be checked and cleaned every time you use the washer-dryer.
- check your manual to locate the fluff filter
- this can be removed and cleaned with water or a vacume to remove the fluff
- you can also buy a replacement for your model from our webshop
6. Problems with hard water:
- If you experience limescale build-up, adding descaler to the detergent may be a simple solution.
- The user manual can provide further assistance. Download user manual.
- You can also visit our webshop for recommendations regarding cleaning products.
Important: You should not call out an engineer for cleaning advice unless the appliance is displaying an error.
you can contact our team for help or support here or by calling 03445 611 611