- The appliance seems dead - not functioning or lighting up when attempting to use it.
- The tumble dryer does not work/does not react
- Tumble dryers
1. Remove the plug from the electrical outlet.
2. Plug another device (Table lamp or hair dryer for example) into the electrical outlet and switch it ON. This will test that power is getting to the socket.
3. Where the socket is found to be OK, plug the appliance back in and switch it on again (ensuring the door is shut). If the appliance still shows no life, unplug the appliance again and check the fuse in the plug.
If no method of checking the fuse exists replace it with a known working 13 Amp fuse. Then try the appliance again.
If the appliance is still not working contact the Authorised Service Center.
4. In the case of a faulty power socket, you can check/reset the circuit breaker, RCD or fuse at the consumer unit. Alternatively, try the appliance in another socket outlet. If you require an extension lead to do this, it should only be for testing purposes and not for ongoing use.