- clothes not drying are still wet at the end of the cycle
- Washer dryer
- Tumble dryer
Do not overload the appliance.
- Overloading can reduce the heat circulation around the clothing thus extending the drying time.
- de-tangle clothes before adding to the dryer to reduce drying time.
- select the correct drying program for the items in the drum.
Check if the filters are clean.
- If the filters, condenser and/or heat exchange are dirty, it may be the reason why the machine is not heating up.
- See the user manual for information on how to clean and maintain your appliance. Download user manual.
- The filters may appear clean but still be blocked.
- You can check the filters by holding them up against the light or under a tap and seeing whether water can flow through them.
- If no water passes through the filters, clean them and check them again.
- If water will still not pass through the filters, replace them.
- Filters and accessories are available via the Web shop
Avoid opening the door during the first 10 minutes of the drying cycle. (applies to a heat pump tumble dryer)
- If the door is opened, heating will be delayed.
- If the door is opened during a drying cycle, the drying time may be extended by up to 20–30 minutes each time the door is opened
- The door must be closed during a drying cycle. Restart the cycle and keep the door closed.
Check if the appliance is displaying an error code
- The error message can be a code in the display, a flashing LED or a sequence of beeps.
- If an error code is displayed, see the user manual for troubleshooting.
Check whether the appliance is getting hot:
- Firstly, clean the appliance and then start a timed cycle of at least 120 minutes with no load.
- After one hour, open the door and check whether the drum is hot inside (with at least 20 minutes remaining on the display).
- If the inside of the drum is hot, the heating system is working. In tumble dryers fitted with a heat pump, you can often also hear whooshing or sloshing noises from the appliance when it stops.
- If the appliance is still not hot after an hour of the program, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
Check if the ambient temperature is between 5°C and 35°C.
- If the ambient temperature is too low or too high, the tumble dryer may not operate correctly.
- Place the dryer in a room which has a suitable temperature.
- If the dryer is located in a room, make sure that the temperature of the room is between 5°C and 35°C.
- If the room temperature is not within this range, the tumble dryer may not operate correctly and will not heat up.
- Heat the room in which the tumble dryer is situated until it reaches a suitable temperature, or move the dryer to another room which is at a suitable temperature.
Reset the appliance
- Remove the plug from the socket, wait 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
- If the above does not resolve the problem, request a visit by a service engineer. You can book a visit here