- A padlock has appeared on the display and the appliance won't function.
- Tumble dryers
A padlock being displayed is to highlight that the “Child lock” function has been activated.
When the child lock is engaged it will stop you from performing any action apart from turning the appliance on or off via the button/control dial.
As you can see there are a wide variety of display configurations –
- Usually, the child lock buttons will be highlighted on the control panel.
- They will be highlighted with a small padlock design as seen in the image below. If these aren’t present, then please refer to your user manual.
- The 2 buttons you need to hold down at the same time will have a small lock icon underneath them as shown in the image
- you may get a red flash from the power button if this happens re try and push the two buttons at the same time.
- If the padlock icon is displayed on your machine this should now remove the padlock and your machine will be ready to use.
- If you have trouble removing the child lock, then please disconnect it from the power supply for about 5-10 mins before trying again.
- For appliances with a programme button, you can usually remove child lock as soon as the appliance has been powered on.
- For appliances with the programme dial, you may need to unlock this on the last used programme or cycle through each programme attempting to remove the child lock.
If you are still experiencing issues, then a service visit would be recommended. you can call our service center on 03445 611 611
Alternatively you can book a visit online here
The child lock has been activated making the appliance appear unresponsive.