- The door is difficult to open
- The door must be pulled hard before it opens
1. Press your finger into the inside of a corner of the door seal to release some suction and make it easier to open the door soon after closing it.
2. Wait approx. one minute before opening the door again if it has just been closed.
3. Avoid slamming the door shut.
4. Check the cleanness of the surface of the gasket.
5. Check the drain tube inside the appliance and clean it.
Empty the compressor tray and then flow a small amount of water to in it and check the compressor tray again.
The water should appear in the tray.
6. Check the tray of the compressor if it is filled with water and the end of the tube is under the water, empty the tray.
It should be open and the end should be upper than the level of the water.
7. Ensure that the appliance stands level.
Adjust the feet on the bottom and front and check the level with a spirit level (the front needs to be in a higher level a little bit).
8. Check whether the hinges are damaged and replace any defective hinge parts.
If you wish to replace parts yourself, you can find spare parts, accessories and care products in our u.
8. Contact an Authorized Service Center.
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
- Air inside a fridge or freezer “shrinks” as it gets colder. This can sometimes create suction, which makes it difficult to open the door. If the door is closed quickly or slammed shut, air will be forced out and it may take several minutes for the vacuum to be released, after which the door can be opened normally. Suction inside a fridge or freezer after closing the door is normal and not a product fault.