- Water or condensation in the refrigerator compartment of the fridge-freezer
- The fridge is leaking water
- Freestanding Fridge-freezer
- Integrated Fridge-freezer
There are multiple reasons why there may be a water build-up or even leaking come from the fridge and/or freezer. Some are easily fixable however if there is water flooding from either the fridge or the freezer we advise you to contact us to arrange an engineer to visit. This is because an engineer may need to take off certain parts of the appliance in order to try and rectify the problem. If you do this yourself and end up causing damage or accidentally getting water on electrics it is not only unsafe but will likely void your warranty.
Here are some troubleshooting tips to solve minor issues.
POSSIBLE CAUSES / RESOLUTIONS
1. If there is a considerable amount of water is flowing onto the floor from the freezer it is likely the melting water outlet is not connected to the evaporator tray or there is a build-up of ice blocking the drainage system. If the drainage hole/area is visible in your freezer you can try and melt the ice or blockage, if it is not visible it will require a service engineer.
2. If water is leaking from the fridge it may be that the V-shaped channel is clogged. The channel is located on the rear wall of the fridge. If you can see vents or a small box sized unit you have located it. Please ensure it is kept clean and free of clogging.
3. If water is leaking from the fridge, it may be that food is placed too closely or up against the water collector. Please ensure all food does not block any openings in the fridge.
As mentioned above, if there seems to a major problem with lots of water leaking out the refrigerator or freezer door we would suggest booking an engineer to come and look at the appliance.
If you found the information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, please leave a thumbs down and a comment on how you feel the article could be improved by one of our team. Please be aware that our team are continuously reviewing and editing articles so constructive feedback is very useful.
- When the drain hole is clogged, the defrost water gutter can overflow, allowing water to get under the crisper and even flow out the door.
- When food is not closed, a lot of moisture can form in the refrigerator compartment, where water can get under the vegetable drawer.
- If food rests against the rear wall, water can enter the vegetable drawer through the food and flow out the door.