- Fridge is too warm
- Temperature is too high in the fridge
- Fridge freezer
Your fridge should sit around 5C. If you have a digital display you can set this. If your fridge has a dial, please note that 1 is the warmest/least cool setting.
1. Wait approx. 12 hours for the appliance to achieve the correct temperature if you have just set it up.
2. If you have just placed a large number of food items into the appliance, the alarm will stop sounding when the temperature is normal again.
The temperature can increase after loading a big amount of fresh food, use the shopping/coolmatic/power cool mode to decrease the temperature quicker if this is available on your fridge.
Too much food will also affect the air flow in your fridge, do not overfill your fridge.
3. Check whether the fan inside the appliance is on and running (if your appliance has a fan).
- You can check the fan by closing the door for a moment and opening it again.
- Right after opening the door, you can hear whether the fan is running and whether it is stopping too soon.
- Switch on the fan if it is manual controlled.
4. Ensure that the appliance stands level (freestanding) or is installed and secured correctly so that the door closes tightly (integrated appliances). You can level the feet on your freestanding fridge.
6. Check whether the door seal and hinges are clean and undamaged.
7. Check whether the door is closed properly and avoid leaving the door open for a long time.
9. Check that the appliance is cooling correctly.
- Measure the temperature with a thermometer in a glass of water placed inside the fridge. If the temperature is between +4 to +5°C, the fridge is working correctly. Core temperature is more important as the fridge will run in cycles.
- Please note that some thermometers may show variations of ±1–2°C or more.
- Adjust the temperature by turning the temperature regulator or via the control panel (1 on the dial will be the warmer setting).
10. Check that the appliance has been installed with adequate ventilation.
You can find the ventilation requirements in your user manual or installation guide. You can find your manual using the link on the right side of the page.
11. Check that the protective packaging has been removed from the door (integrated appliances).
12. Check whether the ambient temperature is too high or too low relative to the climate class on the rating plate.
13. Defrost the appliance and switch it on again. Click here for help on defrosting your appliance.
14. If the above suggestions do not work, we recommend contacting an Authorized Service Center, you can do this by clicking the link on the right of the page.
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.