- Fridge freezer emits strange noises; churning, clunking, clicking, popping, vibrating, running motor
- The fridge is too noisy
- Freestanding/integrated fridge freezers
- Wine coolers
- Integrated fridges/freezers
1. Make sure the ventilation requirements are met. Refer to the installation instruction supplied with your appliance
All refrigeration appliances require ventilation to ensure correct operation. This is crucial in the case of integrated appliances, where vents are required for this purpose. Sometimes noises can occur because the appliance performance is affected due to insufficient ventilation
A minimum of 200cm2 of ventilation must be provided at both the top and the bottom of the cabinetry to allow correct airflow
2. Your appliance will make various sounds during normal operation including the following:
- A faint gurgling and bubbling sound when the refrigerant is pumped through the coils or tubing.
- A whirring sound and pulsating noise from the compressor when it is pumping.
- Sudden cracking noise is caused by thermal dilation.
- A faint click of the temperature regulator when the compressor switches on or off.
Please see the below diagram for examples of the noises that you may hear when the appliance is running:
If you are experiencing noises outside of this diagram or unsure, please click on one of the following links for further support or repair options
AEG - Alternatively Tel: 03445 611 611
Electrolux - Alternatively Tel: 03445 613 613
Zanussi - Alternatively Tel: 03445 612 612
- Normal operating sounds
- Compressor running
- Fan working
- Regulating temperature
- Insufficient ventilation