- Oven display shows PYR
- Oven with the pyrolytic self-cleaning function
1. The PYR symbol indicates that the pyrolytic self-cleaning function of the oven should be performed.
2. General notes on pyrolytic self-cleaning function:
- Pyrolysis is a self-cleaning function of your oven at a temperature of approx. 500°C.
- The pyrolysis self-cleaning function turns baked-on food residue inside your oven turns to ash, allowing you to easily wipe the residue with a damp cloth.
- During pyrolysis, the door is locked because of the high temperatures.
- You can choose between three different programs, each program varies in length depending on the type of soiling and oven.
3. The PYR symbol will appear based on the following factors:
- The oven's operating time.
- The most recently used oven functions and the selected setting temperature.
- The actual degree of soiling is not a factor.
4. Before you start the pyrolysis self-cleaning function:
- Be sure to read the instructions for pyrolysis in your user manual.
- Download user manual.
- Remove all suspension grilles and accessories from the unit.
- Do not place any other objects, such as pans, pots or anything else in the oven.
- Remove all major dirt, oil and grease deposits.
- Clean the inside of the door with hot water to prevent the hot air from getting stuck.
- Do not start the pyrolysis until the door is fully closed.
- Ensure good ventilation during and after the pyrolysis. Animals (especially birds) should be in a well-ventilated area during this time. Some birds and reptiles can react very sensitively to the fumes. Small animals also react during the pyrolysis to the local temperature fluctuations.
- In our ovens, the fumes emanating from the pyrolysis are safe for people, including children and people with health problems.