- How to clean the oven with pyrolytic function
- Oven display shows PYR or symbol
- Oven displays reminder for pyrolytic cleaning
- built-in ovens with pyrolytic function
The Pyroclean function symbol on all Electrolux ovens will look like this
Pyroclean may also be referred to as Pyrolis on some user manuals.
All of the Pyroclean ovens have built in reminders that will remind you when cleaning is required. PYR - flashes in the display for 10 sec after each activation and deactivation of the oven.
Before you use Pyroclean
*Important to know that the instructions below apply to all Electrolux ovens when using Pyroclean *
How to use Pyroclean on Rotary control models
The blue arrow above highlights what the Pyroclean function looks like and where it can be found on your control panel.
After you have removed your shelf supports, shelves and oven trays please proceed to the following steps below.
Step 1. Select the Pyroclean setting flashes
Step 2. Turn the control knob (for the temperature) to set the cleaning mode.
Step 3. Press the clock symbol to begin cleaning.
Step 4. Close the oven door. The oven door will lock for complete safety.
Step 5. After cleaning turn the control knob for the heating functions to the off position.
Step 6. Wait until the oven has cooled down. Wipe the cavity with a soft cloth and remove the residue from the bottom of the cavity.
Step 7. Return shelf supports and trays.
How to use Pyroclean on Touch control models
Step 1. Go to the main menu and select Cleaning then select PyroClean setting (Also may be referred to as Pyrolis)
Step 2. Choose the required time (On this model you will be given 3 options regarding time by pressing the arrows to the right of the screen up or down)
Step 3. Close the oven door. When the cleaning starts, the oven door is locked for complete safety, and the lamp is switched off.
Step 4. At the end of the cleaning cycle switch the oven off and wait until it has cooled down. Wipe the cavity with a soft cloth and remove the residue from the bottom of the cavity.
Step 5. Return shelf supports and trays
- Do not start the pyrolysis until the door is fully closed.
- Ensure good ventilation during and after the pyrolysis. Especially animals (especially birds) should be in a well-ventilated area during this time. Some birds and reptiles can react very sensitively to the fumes. Small animals also react during the pyrolysis to the local temperature fluctuations.
- In our ovens, the fumes emanating from the pyrolysis are safe for people, including children and people with health problems
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information did not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome