Keep an eye on what’s in your oven, even if you can’t be in the kitchen, with CookView®. Your smart oven’s integrated camera will assist you in getting perfect results, every time – even from afar. This function is available on selected Electrolux oven models.
What is CookView® and why should you use it?
The camera is integrated into your oven door handle, facing the oven cavity. It enables you to monitor your cooking progress without having to physically go to the oven and open the door to look at your food. This is ideal if you want to leave the kitchen but need to keep track of how your dish is progressing and see when it approaches that perfect finish.
How to use the CookView® oven camera
What you’ll need:
1. You need to make sure you’ve installed the Electrolux app on your smartphone and have connected your oven to it. If you haven’t already connected your oven, start by doing so
2. Make sure your oven is connected to Wi-Fi
Accessing the camera:
Start cooking as you normally would. During the cooking process, you can access the camera through the app. You will then see the live stream of your food cooking in the oven.
Tips and tricks
- You can save a picture from the camera, share it with others and update the camera view. You can find these functions while in the camera view
- If your kitchen is very bright, reflections in the glass of the oven door may limit the camera view. In this case, you can use the included camera shield to prevent light reflection in order to improve picture quality. To install it, press the camera shield between the door glass and the handle, in the central position. Lean the longer hooks on the glass and the shorter ones on the back of the handle
- If the image from the camera is not fully visible in the app, make sure the camera /door handle is not covered, and that the oven is connected to Wi-Fi. If the problem is Wi-Fi related and continues to be an issue, move the router as close to the oven as possible, or consider getting a Wi-Fi repeater to enhance the signal from the router
For more information about your specific oven model, check the user manual. You can find your user manual here.
Now that you have learned everything there is to know about the CookView® function, you may want to learn more about how to use the Electrolux app with your smart oven.