Full-flavoured, crispy and nutritious greens - a steam oven makes healthy eating easier and more delicious.
Green and healthy
Why is steaming vegetables better? It's both easy, quick and healthy to cook your veggies in the steam oven. Why is steaming healthy? The steam doesn't drain the vegetables of any flavour or nutrition, so you get a both tasty and healthy result. As the heat is consistent, the vegetables don't break as easily in the steam, hence no more crumbled broccoli. Here are three easy recipes for steaming vegetables - have a go and see which one is your favourite!
Cauliflower with lemon, black pepper and olives
- Break the cauliflower into florets and place them on a perforated oven tray.
- Full steam 100°C for about 3-5 min depending on size. (They should still have some crunch.)
- Take out and mix in a bowl with grated lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed black pepper, chopped black olives and sea salt. Serve hot or cold.
Green asparagus with shaved parmesan cheese and olive oil
- Trim and peel the lower 3cm of the asparagus and place them on a perforated oven tray.
- Full Steam 100°C for about 2-4 min depending on size.
- Take out and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and top with lots of shaved parmesan cheese. Serve hot or cold.
Broccoli with ginger, soy sauce, peanuts and sesame seeds
- Break the broccoli into florets and place them on a perforated oven tray.
- Full Steam 100°C for about 3-5 min depending on size.
- Take out and mix in a bowl with finely grated ginger, Japanese soy sauce, toasted peanuts, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Crispy, golden brown and perfectly moist
In SteamCrisp ovens, regular heat is combined with steam to make your dishes crispy and golden brown on the outside while insides are moist, tender with nutrients and taste perfectly preserved.
Was this article helpful?