Congratulations on your new Electrolux oven. It should see you through many years of creating fantastic meals. Before you begin your culinary journey, please take a few minutes and follow the simple steps below to get started.
Cleaning before first use
1. Remove accessories and removable shelf supports
2. An initial preheating is required to burn off the fine oil film used to protect the elements for shipping. Run the oven on maximum temperature for one hour. It's normal for the oven to emit an odour and a little smoke during this process, so make sure the room is well ventilated
3. Clean the accessories and the inside of the oven with a soft cloth, warm water and mild detergent. Do not clean oven accessories in the dishwasher
4.Clean the front of the oven with a soft cloth, warm water and mild detergent
5. Once the oven is cold, put the accessories and removable shelf supports back in their original positions
When you switch on the oven for the first time, you may be asked to set the language, display brightness, volume and time. Note: If your oven has touch controls, it will not operate without the time and date being set.
If you have a steam oven, you will also be asked to specify water hardness (see section dedicated to steam ovens below)
Additional steps for steam ovens
Set water hardness
Perform a water hardness test and set the level accordingly on your steam oven. A test strip can be found in the user manual package for your oven. Follow the steps below and use the table to calculate your results.
1. Briefly dip the test strip in water for one second
2. Shake off any excess water
3. Wait one minute before comparing it to the scale printed on the test strip packaging. Do not wait longer than one minute to check the water hardness after dipping the test strip, as the colours on the test paper will continue to change
|Level||dH||Test paper||Calcium de-posit (mmol/l)||Calcium de-posit (mg/l)||Water classification|
|1||0-7||0 - 1.3||0 - 50||soft|
|2||8-14||1.4 - 2.5||51 - 100||moderately hard|
|3||15-21||2.6 - 3.8||101 - 150||hard|
|4||≧ 22||≧ 3.9||≧ 151||very hard|
When the tap water hardness level is 4, fill the water drawer with still bottled water.
Fill the water container
Fill the water container before cooking with steam. On most ovens, the water container can be found in the upper right corner. On SteamBake models, it is located in the cavity on the bottom of the oven instead.
Additional step for connected ovens
Once you've completed the above steps, you may want to learn more about your oven's functions and symbols.