- Microwaves cook by agitating water molecules, thereby producing steam. Cooking this way is extremely healthy and safe but does produce water vapour.
- This is perfectly normal but may lead to a build up of condensation inside the appliance.
- Condensation / water / moisture may gather inside the oven, inside the oven door and between the glass panels
- Microwave oven
- Combination microwave oven
1. Turn the dish mid-way through cooking, this is beneficial for even cooking and will release some of the vapour. This is particularly useful if the food has a long cooking time.
2. Cover the food with pierced cling film or a loose fitting plastic lid, this helps the cooking process, reduces splattering, speeds up cooking time and retains moisture in the food.
3. Moisture left in the cavity and behind the door glass is a normal part of the cooking process. For best results, after use wipe with a clean dry cloth and leave the door ajar to further help the drying process.
4. Moisture between the panes of glass, within the door can occur if the cavity has been exposed to a lot of water vapour. The door can not be removed and panes of glass replaced. This water will evaporate with use.
Doors on microwaves and combination microwave ovens should only be removed by an authorised repair technician.
Refer to the user manual, if necessary. Download your user manual by visiting our support page followed by manuals and documents.
6. Contact an Authorised Service Centre.
If the above advice do not resolve your issue, we recommend requesting a visit by a service technician.
Was this article helpful?