- Error code “F” appears on the display of induction hob
- Error code “F1“ appears on the display of induction hob
- Induction Hobs
If your hob has only just been installed and it is showing a constant "F" get your approved installer to double-check it has been installed correctly.
If you have had your hob a while and it has been correctly installed and it is showing a flashing "F":
1. Check if the pot you chose is suitable for induction hobs by using a fridge magnet to test the magnetic reaction on the base of the pan. If the magnet sticks, your pot should be suitable for induction.
- The function does not work with cast iron and non-stick cookware, e.g. with a ceramic coating.
- Enamelled steel pots are recommended for achieving the best results when using Induction hobs.
Suitable cookware is available on our Webshop.
2. Make sure your pan isn’t too big or too small for the zone you are trying to use
3. Make sure the hob and pans are dry
4. Only heat the zone that is in use
5. Put the pan on the zone you want to use before turning it on
6. Turn the zone off before removing the pan
If you have tried the above, try switching it on and off from the mains for 30 seconds.
If none of the above has worked or your hob is showing F and digit code (eg: "F3", etc.) then we recommend booking a service engineer to have a look to determine the fault.
If you found the following information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. All constructive feedback is welcome if this information does not resolve your question.