- Hob / cooker displays error message "F"
- integrated induction hob
- freestanding cooker with induction hob
Induction Technology works on magnetic fields and will only work with cookware that is induction compatible.
The "F" code displaying on induction hobs generally means the hob has not registered with the cookware or the cookware has been removed from the zone.
- Ensure your cookware is induction compatible. Refer to the article: What cookware is suitable for cooking zones with induction heating?
- Place the saucepan directly on the zone
If F is still displaying on your induction hob this could indicate that there is a connection fault therefore the appliance will need to be inspected by a qualified electrician.
If the above advice does not resolve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
Energy-saving tips when using your oven and hob
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your oven and hob
- Don’t open the oven to check the cooking process. You will lose heat and humidity and the food will take longer to cook, consuming more energy
- Cook at a lower temperature. It might take longer, but reduces energy consumption by 20% and gives you better food taste and quality
- Take unused accessories out of the oven when cooking – they just consume more energy
- Put your saucepans in the centre of the cooking zone before turning it on. Put the smallest cookware on the smaller zones
- When possible, finish cooking on the hob with the residual heat
See other helpful tips to save energy and money
If you found this information helpful, please give us a thumbs up below. If this information does not resolve your question, all constructive feedback is welcome.