- Oven light does not work
- Oven light turns off on certain functions/settings/programs
- Built-in oven
- Freestanding cooker
Sometimes the light/lamp inside the oven may not come on. Before we look at replacing the bulb, here is a few points worth noting.
- Not every heating function you select will automatically turn the lamp on/off. To ensure it is definitely a fault with the lamp, either select the specific light function (if your oven has one) or select either true fan cooking (AEG)
or just regular conventional cooking
- Both these modes will automatically turn the light/lamp on. If it doesn't come on, this will indicate a problem with the lamp its self (*or potentially something else)
- If the lamp fails to operate it may be defective and need replacing (see steps on how to remove/refit below)
- If the oven is new and within the manufactures warranty and the lamp has suddenly stopped working please contact the retail outlet you purchased the oven as the lamp should not be defective straight out the box.
- *If you have replaced the defective lamp and it still doesn't work , there may be another issue which will require an engineer visit.
How to Replace the light bulb.
- If the light does not work in any heating mode, and the bulb’s glass is dark / black, it is likely to be blown and thus needs to be replaced.
- Before you purchase a new light bulb, make sure you know the exact type of socket used (e.g. E14, G4, G9).
- You can buy a new bulb from our website HERE: Webshop
- Once you have the new bulb, follow the guide below on how to fit.
We appreciate the below diagram (location of lamp) may vary slightly between models but this is a general guide and the principles remain the same between models. If you would like an exact guide on your specific model you can download your user manual below. Have your model code OR 9 digit PNC number ready. *TOP TIP - The info regarding bulb replacement and maintenance is right at the back of the manual.
Download your here user manual
1. Turn off the oven. Wait until the oven is cold
2. Disconnect the oven from the mains
3. Put a cloth on the bottom of the cavity
4. Twist (usually to the left) the glass cover that protects the bulb to remove it
5. Clean the glass cover
6. Gently remove the bulb from its housing.
7. Replace the bulb with your new 300 degree heat resistant lamp.
8. Put the glass cover back and twist in place to secure.
9. Turn the mains back on and select the light function or a particular heat function (as mentioned above) to test the light is now working.
Notes: *To replace faulty LED bulbs/light sources that are built into the product and are not easily accessible, we recommend contacting an Authorized Service Center.
*If the above advice does not resolve the problem e.g you have replaced the bulb and the problem persists - we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.