- Oven displays CATA
- Oven catalytic cleaning reminder
- How to use the catalytic cleaning function in my oven?
- Ovens with catalytic self-cleaning function
Catalytic Cleaning is the cleaning function on your AEG Oven. It cleans the Catalytic Lining, which is the lining on the sides, roof and back of the oven and it feels a little like sandpaper.
To Run the Catalytic Cleaning Function follow the steps below, there is also a video below which you may find useful.
- Remove all the shelves and the side rails from the oven (these can be washed separately with a soft cloth and mild detergent.
- Clean the oven floor with a mild detergent (this is because the Catalytic Enamel is not on the floor of the oven).
- Clean the inner glass door with a soft cloth and mild detergent.
- Turn the oven on.
- Press the symbol until CATA appears on the display.
- The Cleaning Function will now operate for one hour.
- When the Cleaning function has been completed and the oven has cooled down the shelf supports and accessories can be placed back in the oven.
- Please note the Catalytic Enamel should not be cleaned with detergent
If you have an AEG model with Catalytic Enamel Lining but which does not have the cleaning function, then the Catalytic Enamel Lining can be cleaned by turning the oven on at the Fan Oven Setting at 250° for one hour.
Energy-saving tips when using your oven and hob
With energy prices soaring, it’s never been a better time to rethink how you use the appliances in your home to save energy and money. Besides helping your household budget, it will also benefit the planet, reducing CO2 emissions. Here are some helpful tips on how to reduce energy when using your oven and hob
- Don’t open the oven to check the cooking process. You will lose heat and humidity and the food will take longer to cook, consuming more energy
- Cook at a lower temperature. It might take longer, but reduces energy consumption by 20% and gives you better food taste and quality
- Take unused accessories out of the oven when cooking – they just consume more energy
- Put your saucepans in the centre of the cooking zone before turning it on. Put the smallest cookware on the smaller zones
- When possible, finish cooking on the hob with the residual heat
See other helpful tips to save energy and money