The CATA symbol indicates that the catalytic self-cleaning function of the oven should be performed.
General notes on catalytic self-cleaning function:
- Ovens with catalytic enamel have a self-cleaning effect at temperatures above 200°C.
- If the convection feature is often used at temperatures below 200°C, the oven has to be cleaned manually once in a while.
Catalytic self-cleaning function instructions:
1. Remove the shelves from the oven compartment.
2. Lubricate the sides of the oven, ceiling and back wall using warm water with a hand-wash.
Use a brush and scrub thoroughly.
3. Leave the oven compartment to soak in this mixture for 2 hours.
4. Start the oven’s cleaning function.
See the user manual.
5. Let the oven run on the cleaning function for 2 hours.
6. After the cleaning function is finished, the oven compartment’s sides, ceiling and back wall are clean.
However, there can be leftover burnt-in grime on the inside of the door and at the bottom of the oven.
7. To clean the inside of the oven door, bottom of the oven, shelves and racks, use an oven cleaner from Electrolux Distriparts.
8. Place the rack at the bottom of the oven compartment.
Place the shelves on top of the rack.
9. Spray the shelves, rack and bottom of the oven with the oven cleaner.
10. Then spray the inside of the oven door with the oven cleaner.
11. Close the oven door and allow the oven cleaner to take effect for at least 24 hours.
The longer the time, the better the effect.
12. Wash the oven door, shelves, rack and bottom of the oven with warm water and a cloth.
13. When cleaning the inside of the oven door’s glass panel, you may need to use a scraper to remove any remaining dirt.
14. We recommend detaching the oven door completely so that every corner of the oven can be cleaned thoroughly.
Refer to the user manual on how to detach the oven door. Download user manual.
15. Finally, polish the glass panels of the oven door with a glass cleaner.
Was this article helpful?