- How to clean the carbon filter in my cooker hood?
- How to replace the carbon filter in my cooker hood?
- How long the carbon filters can be used?
- How to restore a long-life carbon filter?
- Cooker hoods
How to change and maintain your Cooker Hood Filter
Please see the videos below.
1. Standard carbon filters must be replaced approx. every 3-6 months or more often if the hood is used intensively.
- The saturation of the carbon filter occurs after more or less prolonged use, depending on the type of cooking and the regularity of cleaning of the grease filter.
- Standard carbon filters may NOT be washed or regenerated.
- You can order a new filter, care products and accessories on our Webshop
- Replace the filters every 3-6 months depending on how saturated they are (refer to user instructions)
- Some hood models indicate the filter saturation by displaying an icon or F symbol
- Under normal circumstances, the filters need to be washed every 3–4 months, or more frequently with intensive use.
- If you use the cooker hood intensively, you should only wash long-life carbon filters a maximum of 5 times. In other cases, the filters can be washed up to 8 times before it is necessary to replace them.
- When the filters no longer absorb the smell from food preparation, you need to replace them.
3. Restoring long-life carbon filters:
- Put the filter in the dishwasher and use an intensive washing cycle at max. 70°C, without using any soap.
- The filter can also be rinsed under hot tap water, without using a sponge.
- Place the filter in the oven, when it has been drained.
- Set the oven to 60°C and keep the filter there for 7 minutes
- Let both the oven and filter cool before returning it to the hood.